What information do we need?
The data we need to complete your transaction is:
- Telephone number
- Payment details
The data we need to build your story:
- Your order history
- Details of any contact you’ve had with our team
- Your marketing choices
- Any reviews you have written
- Your social media contact if you’ve interacted with us on social channels
We will automatically collect:
- The operating system and version you are using
- Your IP address
- Your web browser, the version and which device you are using
- Your cookie info. For more info please read our cookies policy.
How is it collected?
Some of the information is collected when you access our website, when you create an account or when you place an order. The rest of the information is collected when you contact us either on the phone, by email, or social media or when you sign up to our newsletter or a social media promotion.
Why do we need it?
We need it to either, process your order, send you marketing information or to give you the best customer service experience.
Once you have placed an order we need your payment details to complete the transaction and we need your home address to verify the payment. If you are using a different delivery address we need to pass the information to the courier to be able to deliver your order.
Keeping a record of your previous purchases and any contact you have had with our team, helps us to deliver the best customer service.
If you’ve opted in to receive our marketing, you will receive news of sales, latest releases and special offers. We may from time to time send you news of items that we think you’d really like to hear about. You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails at any time.
Collecting information such as your IP address, language, operating system, browser version and device means we can optimize the functionality for each user.
You can be assured that any data that is collected is done so for legal and legitimate reasons and done with your consent. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time.
There may be occasions where we legally need to share your data. This could be to share information with Crime Prevention Agencies for fraud prevention or to comply with HMRC requirements.
While we will never sell your data to third parties, we do need to share your data with the following providers:
- Couriers to fulfil your order
- Payment providers to fulfil the payment
- Email provider to confirm your order
- Any other professional contractor required to run our business
- Trustpilot, who will request feedback from you.
Your data remains protected and in accordance with the current data protection legislation.
The information these providers receive is the minimum needed to perform their role and it can only be used for the purpose that we have specified. They must keep your data secure in accordance with the current data protection legislation and should we end our agreement with them, then any data that they hold will be either deleted or made anonymous.
Keeping your data safe:
Through modern data encryption and firewalls as well as strict internal security measure we can keep your data safe. In order to do so, we may at times need to verify your identity. We will keep your data as long as you have an account with us. We may need to keep it if we are trying to resolve a dispute. If you don’t have an account but you have placed an order, we will need to keep it until the order is completed. We may need to keep it in order to comply with regulations.
Where your data may be stored and processed:
Sometimes we may need to store or transfer your data to third party suppliers in countries outside of the European Economic Area. Where we do so, we take great care in ensuring your personal information is protected and secured to the same high standards and with the same safeguards as though it was being stored or processed inside the EEA, for example by using standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
Privacy of children on our website:
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect any data from any person below the age of 18.
KEEPING UP TO DATE:
Should we need to update our practices in order to remain compliant with current legislation, we will do so, and a notice will be posted on our website.
Data collection is a necessary part of providing our service, and it is important to us that you know we are doing everything we need to keep your data safe and you do have rights as to how we use your information. You have the right to:
- Know what information we hold on you. You can request a copy of the data we hold about you by email.
- Ensure the data we hold is accurate and up to date by requesting any information is rectified or updated if necessary. You can rectify your information through your account or you can contact our customer services.
- Change your marketing preferences at any time.
- Ask us to erase, block or restrict the personal information we hold about you or object to ways in which we are using your personal information.
If you are unhappy with the measures we have in place you have the right to complain to the Data Protection Regulator. https://www.ico.org.uk/concerns