Lentil bolognese recipe - Great vegan recovery meal for runners
To celebrate the announcement that all Mizuno running shoes are certified vegan we teamed up with Mizuno ambassador and plant-based actress Suzi Shaw. To make a wonderful Lentil Bolognese!
This Lentil Bolognese is a great plant-based pre-race meal or post training run lunch to get you fuelled up with all the good stuff. Packed full of whole food goodness, this nutritional delight serves up to four people.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or 3/4 tbsp water
- 1 white onion - chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms – chopped
- 250g lentils
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 250mls vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Packet of spaghetti
- Heat the frying pan, when hot add 3 tbsp of water.
- Add the onions and cook till softened, add the mushrooms and garlic, and cook for 5 mins. Keep stirring whilst it cooks and add additional water if needed.
- Add 250mls of vegetable stock, stir in a tin of chopped tomatoes and add the lentils.
- Stir together and simmer on a medium heat for approximately 20 minutes. Seasoning to taste.
- Alongside this cook tour spaghetti in another pan.
- Serve up and garnish with parsley.
You won't regret giving this one a go! If you want to join in the cook along again and watch it back then click here.
The Ultimate Review...
The new and improved Fresh Foam X brings a whole new experience to daily running with supreme soft cushioning, elevated comfort and an improved fit...Read More
The kit list essent...
Entering the world of fell and off-road running means a whole new adventure of terrains, trails and challenges. Whether you’re beginning the ventur...Read More
Luxembourg 1500m: P...
Get set, get jet and heading to Luxembourg. Tyler took the start line of the CAS Internationals 2023, competing in the Men's 1500m race. Sporting P...Read More