Lentil bolognese recipe - Great vegan recovery meal for runners
To celebrate the announcement that all Mizuno running shoes are certified vegan we teamed up with Mizuno ambassador and plant-based actress Suzi Shaw. To make a wonderful Lentil Bolognese!
This Lentil Bolognese is a great plant-based pre-race meal or post training run lunch to get you fuelled up with all the good stuff. Packed full of whole food goodness, this nutritional delight serves up to four people.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or 3/4 tbsp water
- 1 white onion - chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms – chopped
- 250g lentils
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 250mls vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Packet of spaghetti
- Heat the frying pan, when hot add 3 tbsp of water.
- Add the onions and cook till softened, add the mushrooms and garlic, and cook for 5 mins. Keep stirring whilst it cooks and add additional water if needed.
- Add 250mls of vegetable stock, stir in a tin of chopped tomatoes and add the lentils.
- Stir together and simmer on a medium heat for approximately 20 minutes. Seasoning to taste.
- Alongside this cook tour spaghetti in another pan.
- Serve up and garnish with parsley.
You won't regret giving this one a go! If you want to join in the cook along again and watch it back then click here.
New Balance clothin...
What's it like to wear New Balance clothing? It can always be tough picking up apparel online, not sure about the sizing or how it might feel, well...Read More
New Balance Hierro ...
Hailed as the 1080 for the trails, the New Balance Hierro v7 is undoubtedly the best off-road option from New Balance over the last few years. This...Read More
48 hours in the Lak...
Hi, I am Anna Weston. I am based at Up & Running Teddington. I have been working with the company for 9 months now and it is great to mix my p...Read More