Terra Nova Laser Photon 1 Tent
The Laser Photon 1 is perfect for travellers looking for the lightest kit with a small pack size or for mountain marathon and adventure racers.
For medium duration backpacking trips this Superlight tent is a good choice where the users key requirement is to minimise the weight of their kit (and prepared to compromise a little on space)
- The tent is rated for 3 season use and its low profile shape and design make it ideal for wild camping as well as campsite use
- The Laser Photon 1 is compatible with the Terra Nova FastPack system*
- The Laser Photon 1 tent uses Terra Nova Watershed flysheet and groundsheet fabrics. To achieve extremely low weight balanced with strength and durability 10 denier Nylon 6,6 fabric with a tear strength of 6kg is used for the flysheet. As the silicone coated fabrics used in the flysheet and groundsheet cannot be seam sealed in a conventional way, the Laser Photon 1 has been cleverly designed to prevent water penetration into the inner. The end flysheet seams have been positioned so they are not directly over the inner and a removable waterproof pole cover is supplied with the tent to fully waterproof the main seam. This also adds protection to the zip and adds stability in poor weather
- A DAC NFL pole is used over the centre of the tent with a folding alloy pole at each end and 1g titanium pegs. There is a half midge proof mesh door and a mesh panel at each of the inner and flysheet (with waterproof cover) for good ventilation. The inner and flysheet come attached, so the tent pitches quickly and easily ‘as one’, a key benefit after a days racing
- This style of tent is best suited to ground conditions where pegging out is possible. The low profile design creates a stable structure and Dyneema reflective guylines add extra support. Dyneema guyrope is three times as strong as standard guyrope of the same weight and has very low stretch for stability in all conditions