Best Running Shoes of 2022
Best Road Running Shoes
Let’s start on the road, these are our best road running shoes for the year ahead.
2. New Balance 1080v11 - Looks, cushioning and fit, the New Balance 1080 has it all! When thinking of the best New Balance running shoes, it is hard to look past the 1080, just pipping other favourites like the New Balance RC Elite for those speed demons. Packed with Fresh Foam this is plush cushioning at its finest, think of the 1080 as a Rolls Royce, you are getting from A to B in true style and complete luxury! We also love the range of colours and variety of foot width options for all runners to find their ideal fit. Check them out here.
3. Saucony Ride 14 - Designed and inspired by the people, Saucony made tweaks to the shoe based on extensive wear testing and customer feedback. Retaining all the features that runners of the Ride have come to love the latest model gives you the right amount of cushioning, yet responsive enough to take you on a ride! For those after some winter running shoes, to help you be safe and seen then check out the Vizi Pro collection, it’s also available in a range of other colours, check them out here.
Best Trail Running Shoes
Are the trails calling you this year? Get off road more with some of the best trail running shoes of the year!
4. Saucony Peregrine 11 - A trail runner’s dream, the Saucony Peregrine has been around for a while and earned a reputation for reliance on the trails! Looking for a shoe that is going to give you grip and cushioning all in a stylish package then stop looking. The Saucony Peregrine adds more strength to its position with the ST model, which gives you an added edge on the softer terrain. Available in a range of colours, check here.
Best Gym Shoes
Hitting up the treadmill for some cardio or just sweating it up in the gym, these are some of the best running shoes for the gym this year.
The 6 best running shoes of 2022
- All round favourite – adidas adizero Boston
- Luxurious comfort – New Balance 1080
- Classic runner – Saucony Ride
- Trail tester – ASICS Sonoma
- Fitness ready – adidas Ultraboost
- Off-road specialist – Saucony Peregrine
All in all, it’s looking like a good year for running, and with some of the best running shoes of the year available in your local Up & Running you can count on us for every step this year!
Up & Running
Up & Running is the UK’s largest independent running retailer, serving local communities across the UK. Founded in 1992 Up & Running is a family business, offering specialist running knowledge, products, advice and expertise.Share
Tips for an injury ...
The marathon is a distance of 26.2 miles, or 42km. Whilst there are a wide variety of terrains this can be completed on, the standard distance alwa...Read More
Saucony Endorphin P...
[skus]Saucony-Womens-Endorphin-Pro-3-S10755-40-40-AW22-Prospect-Quartz-6, Saucony-Men's-Endorphin-Pro-3-S10755-40-40-AW22-Prospect-Quartz-9[/skus] ...Read More
How to take on the ...
How to take on the marathon distance If you want to learn from the very best, GB Marathon Runner and two-time Olympian, Mara Yamauchi, has got it a...Read More